Saturday, April 25, 2009

我国首次太空行走 China's First Space Walk


China's space program celebrated their first space walk on Saturday 27 September 2008. Although it was Saturday it was a normal work day for my company (swapping weekend and work days to have more consecutive days off for national day). The space walk was broadcast live on CCTV and their website. We gathered around a couple computers in our deparment and watched as history was made.


It was an interesting experience for me. From one point of view it was strange to celebrate a space walk when the US has been doing it for more than 4o years. From another point of view it was historic and I recalled my parents telling me exactly where they were when they heard that mankind stood on the moon for the first time. No one seemed all that excited. I tried to excite them and tell them that they will remember this historic moment but I'm not sure if anyone understood me.


Still, it was great to be here in China and see my friends watch their space program's first EVA.

1 comment:

LeShel said...

And you vowed you'd never have anything in common with your parents.